- Apply to PACCAR Engine Company
- Pre-Employment Skills Training
- Check Status & Update Resume
About PACCAR Engine Company
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
PACCAR Engine Company's $400 million engine manufacturing and technology facility in Columbus, Mississippi began production in late 2010. The 12.9L engines produced at the Mississippi plant will be PACCAR Engine Company's most fuel-efficient and highest-technology diesel engines. PACCAR Engine Company is excited about this superb site and the opportunities it provides to PACCAR Engine Company, our customers, dealers, supplier partners and the people of the State of Mississippi.
Apply to PACCAR Engine Company
Applicants must be 18 years or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent to be considered for employment. Relevant training, college, or technical school course will also be considered. Preference will be given to those applicants completing East Mississippi Community College manufacturing skills and industrial maintenance programs.
Only on-line applications will be accepted. No emails, telephone calls, or mail will be accepted.
Please be aware that you must be successful at each stage of PACCAR Engine Company's Selection Process, before being contacted and scheduled for the next stage. Please be patient as the selection process may take several months due to the large volume of candidates.
Applicants must successfully complete each of the following stages of PACCAR Engine Company’s Selection Process:
- On-Line Application
- A Series of Competency-Based Assessments
- A Background Check & Substance Abuse Screen
Pre-Employment Skills Training
Please visit East Mississippi Community College's website to learn about their Workforce Services Manufacturing Skills training for area employers.
Click Here to visit East Mississippi Community College.
Check Status of Application
For all other inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your question or concern, full name, telephone number, and best time to reach you.
Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know my application status?
- All candidates will be notified of their status via email, mail, or phone when necessary. Due to the large anticipated volume of candidates that apply, it may take several months to be contacted. Please be patient as all candidates will be contacted.
- Please keep us informed of any changes to your contact information (e.g. new address) by clicking on the Check Status tab on this website.
- PACCAR Engine Company will not accept email, mail, or phone calls to check application status.
- Please do not contact East Mississippi Community College. EMCC does not have access to your application.
Can I apply to PACCAR Engine Company more than once?
- If you previously applied to PACCAR Engine Company in 2008, you may update your application for consideration.
- Only your first application will be considered. Please make sure that you carefully complete your first application.
- If you are unsuccessful upon completion of any stage of PACCAR Engine Company’s Selection System, your information will remain in the computer database for one (1) year. If you wish to re-apply to PACCAR Engine Company, you must wait a period of one (1) year from the original date of your on-line application.
Can I send in my resume AND apply on-line?
- Only on-line applications will be accepted and processed for shop salaried positions. PACCAR Engine Company will not accept resumes that are faxed, mailed, emailed or delivered. For additional information, please see www.paccar.com.
My friend took an assessment at East Mississippi Community College. However, I still haven’t been contacted. Is it possible that my on-line application was deleted?
- This is not possible. All on-line applications are kept on a secured database for a period of one year. Please be patient, you will be contacted regarding your status. Due to the large anticipated volume of candidates that apply, it may take several months to be contacted. Please be patient as all candidates will be contacted.
Who do I contact if I have technical difficulties during the application process?
- Send an email to email@example.com. In your email please include your full name and the nature of your difficulty. Please also include your phone number and best time to reach you.
- Call telephone number (800)786-8595 ext. 1508. This number will be answered during normal working hours. If your call is unanswered please include your full name and the nature of your difficulty. Please also include your phone number and best time to reach you.